Salt Spring Island Sailing Package
Leaving Port Sidney at noon you’ll set sail to explore the beauty of the Gulf Islands, east of Vancouver Island, on our Salt Spring Island sailing package trip. On board 37 foot Desiderata, skippered by your CYA certified skipper Darren Tomlin, you’ll learn basic sailing skills. This is as much fun as instructional.
You’ll soon unwind and become totally relaxed with the wind in your face on a 4 hour sailing cruise to Salt Spring Island. En route, we’ll enjoy an included lunch.
Reaching the Island, we’ll moor at the town of Ganges (photo above). Here you can visit the famous Salt Spring farmers’ market (Saturdays only), go shopping and absorb its unique sleepy island culture. Ganges has great restaurants where you can enjoy your dinner (dinner cost not included) and then you stroll back to Desiderata for a restful sleep in one of the private staterooms. Below deck, the boat is heated, with a salon mid-ships and the surprisingly spacious “head” has toilet, vanity with sink and a walk-in shower with a seat (hot and cold water).
After your night’s sleep, you’ll enjoy breakfast on board prepared by chef Darren before sailing home to Sidney BC by 11am. Do ask about an extra day sailing @ $99 pp.
The Salt Spring Island Sailing Package rates are $375 per person, excl tax. Four person minimum. This includes:
- Day One: introduction to sailing – approx. 3 hours: GPS/chart plotter, knot tying, raising a sail, tacking, rules of the waterways, chart reading, basic sailing instructions.
- Sail to Salt Spring Island with onboard lunch provided.
- One night’s accommodation on Desiderata.
- Day Two: onboard breakfast including West Coast specialties.
- Return sail to Sidney arriving 11am.
- Fishing and crabbing if desired.